Proteins are essential for our bodies. They serve so many functions, for instance, important in the growth of muscles, skin repair, the building of strong bones, and the formation of the cells in the body. They should be taken in proper amounts as required by the body since the excess of it cannot be stored in the cells that are in the case of the substance like carbohydrates.
The proteins can be categorized as right or wrong depending on the saturated fat content found in it. Taking proteins with a high amount of saturated fats create chances of developing the heart problem. This is because The high saturated fat content contains a high level of cholesterol that is not healthy for the body.
It is crucial to know the best amounts of proteins that should be consumed every day. Some people take proteins more than enough which is not good. The best quantity for adults per day is to take 40 to 65 grams of proteins.
There are so many sources of proteins and it is necessary to make the best choice in selecting the sources. The following are some of the sources of proteins.
1. Meats – Some of them are not healthy if taken in large quantities since it has a high level of saturated fats. Examples of this include the chicken with skin, steak, and salami. Considering the steak, it has about all the proteins required by the body. The problem with it is that it contain about 75 percent of the saturated fat intake daily. You should not stop taking this product entirely, what you do is to reduce the number days you consume it each week.
2. Lean meats – This is the best source that one can choose. The largest percentage of it is lean with a high level of protein contents. It is approximated to be about to be about 95 percent. The saturated fats in this source of protein are tiny. It reduces chances of developing high blood pressure and high cholesterol level. Its examples include chicken, fish, turkey and the beef.
3. Soy – This is a type of protein source rich in proteins and fewer saturated fats. The best example to go for is edamame, soy nuggets, and the veggie burgers. You can get this product in the supermarket. Edamame can be boiled, and a reasonable amount of salt is used to improve its test. Consuming products from this source of protein is very healthy.
4. The beans nuts and legumes – This is another protein source with a high level of protein contents and low levels of saturated fats. Garbanzo beans or the chickpeas are very excellent when taken with salads dipped in the less amount of fat. In the case of legumes like dried peas, it can be made with stews together with chili.
5. Dairy – Not all the dairy products have low saturated fats. Some of them contain high saturated fats that are not healthy. The best choice to consider is the one with a low-fat category of cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, and the Greek-style yogurt. These products have very high protein content hence can be regarded as the best protein source. It is also very simple and more convenient snack.
Apart from getting the best source of protein, it is also necessary to prepare a future schedule of the meal. Planning in advance will ensure that you pick the best food substance. It can also make you make advance changes for the meals that you frequently take.
In conclusion, when choosing a protein source to ensure that you consider both the protein level found in the source with the amount of the fat available. This is to make sure that you reduce chances of getting sick from the same substances that were meant to keep you healthy. Mostly consider obtaining much of your proteins from plant sources to reduce possibilities of developing heart problems